Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding up to bear mt. this past sunday and I passed a Trans Am on the way. it was white and it was blowing black smoke every time he gave a bit of gas. It was a T-Top, white, and some where in the line of a 80's model. I was traveling with 2 other riders and I was leading. I was goin conversatively. Flowing with traffic(mainly cars) and staying in the non passing lane most of the time.

Anyways, I notice the trans am keep on getting in front of me in the non passing lane and slowing down multiple times. I just passed him without giving too much gas a few times...and then I tried to pass him again, and he floors the car. I was in 6th gear and let off as soon as he was trying to race me. Cuz of him, flow of traffic got f'd up and cars in the passing lane had to brake and what not cuz of me slowing down to get behind him again. Another mile or two later, I see him exit. I just get to the next lane, and he looks over. Freaking old fella...white hair...looked to be in early 50's. I just gave him a head shake along with shaking my finger as a sign of "no no" and "ur POS wouldn't have a chance" He just stared and laughed. what a cocknut. I don't mind so much with people trying to race me when I'm in my car...but on my bike..i feel so damn unsafe..

If it was any other day, I would've just ripped by him but there are so many damn cops lately!

Ride safe y'all:D

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
you did the right thing man these effin idiots piss me off but what can you do
they gave them a driving license, and took their brains away for ransome

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
People can avoid it for a while, but as Honda says, "Stupid Hurts".

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Hahaha, I think you did the right thing mate. I actually learned my lesson once on my old 03 gixxer 1000. I used to be the young stupid squid type that if a car came up and wanted to run, I'd go for it and blow their doors off. Except for this one time.

One time I was riding up a little highway at night here, and this cool looking ZO6 corvette pulls beside me and gives me the whole 'wanna run?' look. So I look at the car, notice its been lowered, got exhaust, etc, but I still figure I'll kill it being that I have a ZO6 at home and have outran it plenty of times.

So we were going about 70, and I drop my bike into 2nd, then I hear the car drop into a lower gear, and with the sound that motor made I was worried to say the least. So I pin it and start to pull, for about 1/2 a second when that thing starts walking away from me, flames out the exhaust, whole deal.

Ever since then I have never run a car again.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
WOW!!! kind of reminds me of having a hard time pulling away from a new gto a couple of months ago...i was on my older r6 but still, its 3000lbs lighter than the goat. don't try that anymore...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the looks/sound of the car..it was just a plain jane POS trans am. I know what some cars are capable of..but that thing was just crap.....I wouldn't even have raced him in my supra...

I think any well tuned street car pushing 450rwhp+ will take down 600cc bikes at speeds of 130mph+or so....

·
0 Posts
I was on the freeway this weekend in vegas when a f*ckin WRX pulls up next to me the guy cracks his window flips me off waves bye and takes off. WTF, ******** if i was in a car thats another story but on a bike... its not worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts