Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on guys, just curious if anyone here uses any free lap timer apps for android when they go to the track and if they work well. im looking in chrono gps lap timer but i dont really see any reviews anywhere

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like the Diablo Super Biker by Pirelli. It records you max speed, lean angle and superimposes it on Google maps. It's pretty cool for a free app.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
The free apps suck, some work OK if you get a bluetooth GPS reciever. The refresh rates of cel phone GPS recievers are to slow.

There is a reason anybody who is serious about recording accurate lap timers use a dedicated lap timer.

If accuracy is not that important, then go for it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the Diablo Super Biker by Pirelli. It records you max speed, lean angle and superimposes it on Google maps. It's pretty cool for a free app.
sounds pretty damn good ill have to check it out, thanks

The free apps suck, some work OK if you get a bluetooth GPS reciever. The refresh rates of cel phone GPS recievers are to slow.

There is a reason anybody who is serious about recording accurate lap timers use a dedicated lap timer.

If accuracy is not that important, then go for it.
oh for sure, just looking into something that i could use untill i do find one i want to buy

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I have the standard XT Ultra, reliable and very easy to use.

FOr a GPS unit, if you want to spend the money, the Starlane is the top pf the line, a couple of my friends have them, really nice, but I dont need to spend taht much money on a lap timer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts