Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only appropriate for those of you in the NJ, NY and New England areas...

I know some of you might not check the Trackdays section on this forum, but I thought the FREE portion of this deal might get some of you to the track?

(if you haven't used your bike on a track yet... you're really only using a small portion of what your bike is capable of)

:icon_lol:

The link to the details is below. Keep in mind that forum members get an extra discount off their first order... and I'm trying to set it up so you get discounts off all your orders!

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=143090

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
so... u get taught how to ride for FREE... and you get to ride at your own pace on the track for 30 minutes for FREE.... from all my experience in life ive learned that nothing is free but maybe this is different....can i take a ninja 250r? btw im in NJ.. is it already to late?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so... u get taught how to ride for FREE... and you get to ride at your own pace on the track for 30 minutes for FREE.... from all my experience in life ive learned that nothing is free but maybe this is different....can i take a ninja 250r? btw im in NJ.. is it already to late?
No problem on the Ninja 250r.

Let's see if I can expand a little on the "free" program.

The morning class is a "how to ride the track" type of curriculum. This will cover topics such as -

- how to get on and off the track safely
- how to "act" on the track (no stunting, hold your line, be predictable, etc)
- what the flags mean and how to respond

At this point, you'll then line up to go out on the track... but it is not at your own pace. It is a FTL (Follow the Leader) session which means you'll be in small groups (about 5 to 7 bikes) and will follow an instructor around.

Each lap, the students (that's you!) will rotate so that everyone gets a chance to follow directly behind the instructor.

The speed will slowly increase each lap as the riders learn which way the corners go.

Riders that are more apprehensive about riding on the track can request a special group where the speeds will stay very slow.

The goal of this session is to get all the butterflies out. Many first time riders think that because it is on a race track... that means they have to go fast.

With our program, you never go faster than you want to go... and you don't have to worry about other riders passing you agressively.

At the end of the FTL session, you can then choose to ride the remaining sessions by paying the Track Day fee... or not. If you don't want to ride, we invite you to stick around and enjoy the day, attend the rest of the classes, etc.

This is truly one of those "can't lose...no strings attached" type of offers.

Hope to see lots of you out there! Our bikes love the track. My 08 went from the dealership to the track... and it's never been happier. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
"Riders that are more apprehensive about riding on the track can request a special group where the speeds will stay very slow."

sweet this is me lol ... hopefully i can make it out there

·
Registered
491 Posts
I just don't like the fact that I have to miss work to get on the track with TTD.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just don't like the fact that I have to miss work to get on the track with TTD.
I hear ya...

In NH, there's not much choice as the weekends are all taken up with racing of some sort.

In NJ, right now there are trackdays and we plan to get some next year... but the cost is significantly more. I think I figured it out to almost $50 per person if I continue to keep the group sizes small.

However, my guess is that over time, the weekends at Jersey will end up being assigned to the racing too. Remember, it's not just bikes... cars race there too.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It would be nice to have a track dedicated to bikes only :toothy4:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a reminder that the FREE program will be in effect next week in New Hampshire. We'll be there on Monday and Tuesday. (Aug 3,4)

Busy week preparing for those trackdays, so always best to email with questions.

Also, a reminder that forum members can get $25 off their first trackday with us just by emailing me and mentioning the forum name.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump... this program is still in effect.

We have two days coming up in NH and then two in NJ this month.

If you ever thought about trying a trackday... here's a risk free way to do it.

Feel free to email me with any questions, or to reserve one of these FREE spots.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you! We try hard and it's a great reward for us to see someone go from "track newbie" to advanced group!

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
I understand it's tough right now... You've been over that topic on BoRn plenty of times....

On another note, Ken still owes me a Tow from Monticello so I will more than likely take him up on that on the 10th. So just give him a friendly reminder for me. :shakehand

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand it's tough right now... You've been over that topic on BoRn plenty of times....

On another note, Ken still owes me a Tow from Monticello so I will more than likely take him up on that on the 10th. So just give him a friendly reminder for me. :shakehand

While the trackday business is definitely tough this year, the reason I can't hire all the qualified people is there are simply too many. We really are fortunate to have a great customer base.

As for the tow around... you going to Monti this Mon/Tues? I'll be there and would be happy to get you up to speed?

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
I can't it's my last week of work next week. I have to be there to make that few extra bucks. You know I would if I could. I like doing the 66 course.

I'll definitely see you guys at NHMS on the 9/10.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
are there going to be any more nh dates later in august or in sept? my bike's going to be in florida for a couple of weeks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts