Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m fairly new riding can anyone give me some pointers for driving the freeway ?? Best fear to be in ? Body control??? Going around curves??? Maneuvering in traffic?? I usually get on the freeway and find myself doing no more than 70mph help please

and if you don’t have anything positive or helpful to say please don’t waste my time or yours have a good day

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just be aware at all times and always use your mirrors and turn signals. It's easy. Not as scary as you think it is. Practice and the more experience you gain, the better you'll be at it. Just like with anything.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Stay out of people's blind spot, it is pretty common for autombiles to change lanes carelessly. Your agility is far above the other vehicles on the freeway: use it to keep yourself safe, not get yourself in a jam.
Scan. Predict. Keep an out up your sleeve. Have patience: driving tends to bring the worst out of all of us at times. Be happy, but keep the emotions in check. Prowess, sound judgement, and a clear head will get you home.
Phones, go pro, etc. Ditch all that crap. No one wants to watch your videos.
Be seen.
Keep the OEM turn signals. Flush mounts are generally squid crap.
You have made the choice to transport yourself without the relative safety of being inside an automobile, you can easily ramp up your situational awareness for this. Sharpen your mindset to put yourself in control. You are the pilot, the stick is yours.

Remember this:
"There's no glory out on these streets. None."

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks guys

As far as body position when riding high speeds what’s best?
Don't know what is best, but personally: tight core, squeezing with the knees, balls of feet, air gap in front of crotcht, feather light on the bars, chest leaning against the wind.
Change up though, so not to get tired.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Don't ride along side anyone and keep sufficient lateral distance. You're invisible! Zip past them then resume your speed. I don't recommend commuting if you have to negotiate heavy traffic. People are only interested in themselves and dart in and out of lanes unpredictably.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any advice on turning and curves my biggest fear is leaning too much and falling how should I perfect my turns and curved

·
Registered
21 Posts
You are not going to lean too far and just fall, these bikes are capable of turning and leaning way more than you will feel comfortable doing. Unless you are leaning like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any advice on turning and curves my biggest fear is leaning too much and falling how should I perfect my turns and curved

i put a specialized bank angle sensor on my bike from memsic technologies, so i know when im too far, however before that if i leaned too far the back tire would slip and as long as you dont freak out and chop the throttle the back tire will grab when you lessen your lean just a tad

·
Registered
424 Posts
The questions you ask are kinda like saying "how can i get years of experience by tomorrow?". You can't. Just ride at your ability and the feeling of confidence will come with time. There's only one way to get experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts