Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure this out for my brother as he isn't very good at fixing anything. When his bike has a problem it gets dropped off to me to figure out. So he has an 02 600rr that has been great until just last week. He had ridden it all day and stopped at a friends for a few minutes. After he leaves he makes it about 4 blocks from the house. He calls me and says his battery is dead. I go and pick the bike up and bring it home. The battery was completely drained. I charged the battery up over night and put it back in. Took it for a ride and made it less than 6 blocks away. Bike dies and battery is drained again. Brought bike back home and thought maybe battery was bad. So purchased a new battery. So I place the new battery in after a full charge. Same thing happens. I pulled all the fairings off looking for a broken wire or something shorting out, Can't find anything. I recharge the battery. The next day I put it in the bike and get the volt meter out. With bike running I check the battery it goes from 12.49v and is going down fast as the bike is sitting running. What should I be checking next? I have a video of the volt meter and the speed of the battery going down if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts