Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike back from the painter yesterday.

Me, lovin it

More of me extatic to have my bike back.

Front shot of the eratic paint job.

profile shot of the bike, Stubby (the painter) with his girlfriend Tori infront of the truck used to haul bikes around. Thanks Stubby!

The centerpiece. freehand art by Stubby. Off the chain.

The tail with some binary laid in there and a few eratic lightening style shots of green. Check out the flush mount blinkers =) An array of LED's inside the tail light up the fiberglass bar. I realy like it. Another creation from the imagination of Stubby

Some more profile shots

Now for the story

Stubby brought this bike back to me with a slight sad look on his face. After tearing the bike down, painting it and putting the custom flushmounts and gear on it he could not get it to start. He was quite down about the fact they had run the battery down trying different things to get it to start. The bike would turn over but no fuel would make it out of the rails. Once he dropped it off we scrounged up all the tools and started tearing into it making sure all the connectors were clean and connected, all the fuses (although checked 100 times prior) were good, and all wires were clean and wrapped. We had it damn near stripped to the ground before I had some stupid idea of trying to bypass the tipover sensor. I don't know much about bikes and it seemed like an option to me. After visiting this forum I found out where it was and as a last chance kindof effort I was going to bypass it but when I took it off I noticed the "UP" arrow was pointing down. We threw the connectors back on and tried to start it up. Bingo... Our Moral took a serious change of direction and we started poking fun at Stubby for putting the angle lean sensor in upside down. We all had a good laugh and celebrated like we should have. The winter has just ended for me since the bike is out of the paint booth. Let the warm weather roll in!

Thanks for reading. =) (note: the front flushmounts are cheap crap & will be replaced immediately)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paint job was free. Stubby is one of my best buddies and we both have a lot of high dollar skills that we share between each other at the cost of zero. It helps us both immensly. Stubby has connections with a lot of body shops that highly reguard him so he got everything for this project free except the green paint which was less than $100. The only reason I know this is becuase I paid the bar tab last night which was a niche over $100 and he said "well there goes the cost of the paint".

I have Stubby paint a lot for me and everytime people ask about paint he just has me tell them that $1,000 will get them started and depending on the project it may even get the project done. The bottom line is this guy loves to paint.

·
Registered
428 Posts
lol same flush mounts i bought off ebay.... Mine caught on fire and started smoking lol... Buy the hotbodies from ebay they are nice and work great. I made a thread about them flushes awhile back. Other then that the bike looks great. Now you secret is out about you messing around with computers. lol... Should of had stubby throw in some Matrix code.... that would have been sick as hellllllllllllllllllll

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I made a note about the shitty front flushmounts. I am getting rid of those as soon as possible.

Yeah, I am a computer guy, I work for a lot of the businesses in the immediate area so this fits well. (and of course stubby does not pay for any of his computers. hehe) The detail that doesn't scream out at people is the binary (kindof matrix-ish) in there is translated to '420' in decimal. There is a clear shot of it on the tail and he sprayed a dark one just above the small middle light (below the windscreen).

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
It's cool in it's own sorta way but a little to ghetto for me if ya know what I mean...

Jason

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
nice paint the bike looks good man. Compliments to little stubby

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Visitor Q said:
It's cool in it's own sorta way but a little to ghetto for me if ya know what I mean...

Jason
Yeah. It is kindof ghetto. I think it would have been better if we would have skipped the bulk of the green. those huge lines and just faded in more freehand artistic action. The cool part is we intend on doing this atleast once a year. heh. Winter is good for something.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Bike looks great, i like it a lot! You're lucky you know someone that'll do something like that for nothing!!

2k5Silver_Bullet said:
what are the numbers on the tail 0010000 0010000??? and take the stickers off the swingarm!!!!!!! looks pretty slick bro
The numbers are binary, its a computer type-language. Its a complete language built out of different combinations of 0's and 1's... It's actually really simple once you understand the basic concept.

edit: damn he beat me to it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
hrrm....i like the bike, looks pretty good. Not my style, but still you have a one of a kind bike at least. Looks like he did the lightning and binary numbering REALLY well, it's just the bulk green area's that kinda turn me off. They just seem to straight and jagged, but theres nothing really to them. And the guy on the tank would have looked much better against a black tank, looks like you randomly cut out a piece of construction paper and just stuck it to the tank.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lack of mirror.

DarkS1de said:
nice, i liek it cuz its diffrent, and not too crazy looking
btw, your missing your right mirror
lol
You know when you get the bug to tear your entire bike apart with steadfast determination to make it look shinier then the day you took it off the lot? I did that last year and we forgot to tighten the bolts down on the other mirror which in turn made it lose a bolt and swing around while I was on my first ride after it got cleaned. It did not take it more than a mile to completely disapear as I tried to figure out how I was going to keep it from falling off entirely. I'm actualy trying to find someone or somewhere I can get those flat plates that skrew on so I can eliminate both mirrors. I can't see **** behind me with them anyhow.

·
Registered
907 Posts
AHHHH...........

I give you credit for your caption though "Here I'm just starting to learn how to do wheelies. My brain however is absent noticing the lack of gear. " Right on...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Liquid said:
You know when you get the bug to tear your entire bike apart with steadfast determination to make it look shinier then the day you took it off the lot? I did that last year and we forgot to tighten the bolts down on the other mirror which in turn made it lose a bolt and swing around while I was on my first ride after it got cleaned. It did not take it more than a mile to completely disapear as I tried to figure out how I was going to keep it from falling off entirely. I'm actualy trying to find someone or somewhere I can get those flat plates that skrew on so I can eliminate both mirrors. I can't see **** behind me with them anyhow.
lol, thats funny
you can buy the mirror block offs from the site vendors

1 - 20 of 25 Posts