Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, so the other day a friend of mine saw my bike and he like it and want to ride one and buy one buut he doesn't know how to ride, so i suggest him to buy a 250 but he dont know wich one so thats why i came to you guys he dont know nothing about bikes, so thats what i tell him to buy a 250 and all the gear of course and start easy i can teach him in a parking lot, so what brand and bike is the best way to go. i was thinking on a yz6 i read one time that is not that much power like the r6 and 600rr and is good to learn too, so any comments guys pros and cons i appreciate to see what im losing ok.

rodrigo

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
sounds like the advice you're giving him is good. kawasaki makes a decent 250, you can find mid-late 90's ones pretty cheap.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't know what the hell you just said, but if you are looking for a 250, tell him to get a Kawi Ninja 250. 86-06 were all the same so year isn't too important. Also tell him to take the MSF course.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i hope u dont try to teach ur friend on ur bike..unless it has insurance..i have seen bad things happen when unexperienced (never rode a bike) ppl get on and try to learn...most of them grab a handful of throttle and release the clutch...not a good situation..he should go MSF and abuse their bike then get a 250cc

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no way im not going to do that!, is when he got all his gear and bike, im not that irresponsible, is my friend!! and sorry if i dont make my self clear but the point is that i tell him about the 250s to learn no more so we are in tijuana so here we dont have msf curse that why i want to teach him in a parking lot and step by step, give him advices and links to read more, and thanx for all the comments guys.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i say that i hear that the yz6 dont have much power like the sport 600 or have less response to the power cant remember very well,but never tell him to bought it, thats why i ask here to know but i see that is not an option, i dont suggest him to get it, i say from the beginning to get the 250 but not the yz6.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i noticed the yzf 600 also and wondered what that was about..most ppl say 250cc or 500 but whatever...i assume ur hispanic cause of the broken english...its all good..maybe u just have a hard time typing...good luck on teaching him how to ride...patience is the key

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mexican LOL dont worry, and im trying my best to you understand, and thanx i know takes much time to learn so let see what happen first thing is he get the bike first then we can start. i know im not the best rider but i know im responsible rider and not going to teach him bad things cos i dont like bad things or crazy. ride with out right gear, make stupid things, things like that, so i think is a good start and just learn good stuff and the worries of course more here in mexico that my lovely people dont respect us at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts