Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had a friend go down about 3 months ago. He's all healed up now, but isn't the same. Doesn't have the passion to ride anymore, nothing. Anything to snap this fcuker out of it? He lowsided on some gravel going on an off ramp at maybe 30 mph, thing is when he rolled he saw cars coming straight at him. so.... suggestions?

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Give him time, don't force him to get back on a bike. When and if he feels comfortable again he'll do it.

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
I get what you're saying. He's a grown man, if he rocks the "I have no means of transportation so I'm not going to work" card then so be it. He either needs to find another way to get around or he's sh1t out of luck.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
nothing you can really do man, only time will tell.

My buddy dropped his bike in the canyons at about 45+ he was ok, just rattled...and had a headache. Bike was rideable.

We went back about 3 weeks later, and he couldnt get into it....he was sweatin, and riding REAL slow...best thing you can do is just be supportive...dont push him, and dont make him feel like a puss. I really wanted to carve that day, but instead I just told him "thats ok bro, we can just cruise, i really wasnt feelin it today either"

slowly he's gettin back to his rippin self...but it takes time.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
itll take time. theres nothing you can do but to urge him to get back on the bike. trust me he will. but as far as being comfy skill wise, itll be his own mentality. ive lowsided twice, highsided once. im so damn dedicated to the passion, i hop on and just ride like i was before. i see it as not letting fear get the best of you. overcome it. then you get that comfort level.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Give him time, don't force him to get back on a bike. When and if he feels comfortable again he'll do it.
Couldn't agree more, my friend that lowsided his bike BAD(there was a thread that he made) is having second thoughts about getting on a bike again but he's keeping an open mind as well to possibly get back on it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
jus give it time.. it took me six months to get back on a bike after i highsided.. i dont ride as hard as i used to....trust me when he is ready he will get back on it

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
+1 just like me it took time to get my balls back into riding after getting rearended
rearended??? damn whats the story there?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
oh and i agree my roommate went down right in front of me at about 20 mph and barely did a thing to his bike, frame slider took 90% of the damage. he rode home and parked it for almost a year before really going out "riding" again. i dont count bitch trips around the block or to the grocery store...

·
Registered
668 Posts
rearended??? damn whats the story there?
To make a long story short I go to a friends house :all_cohol :icon_pidu and leave the same time with everyone else and as I follow one of the cars that came from the party I finally decided to past them and about a mile down from the point I passed them I come to a T intersection and stop because the stop lights were out (plus they left a temp sign to stop) and right when I was getting ready to go *Crash Boom Bang* I fly straight up like superman :j: and the driver never slamed on the brakes and kept going end of story. So it was a hit & run going about 45 - 50 mph. My injuries was minor with a bruised lower back and that was about it.

My bike after the accident. The total repair added up too 11k so obviously this was totaled.

·
Registered
108 Posts
To make a long story short I go to a friends house :all_cohol :icon_pidu and leave the same time with everyone else and as I follow one of the cars that came from the party I finally decided to past them and about a mile down from the point I passed them I come to a T intersection and stop because the stop lights were out (plus they left a temp sign to stop) and right when I was getting ready to go *Crash Boom Bang* I fly straight up like superman :j: and the driver never slamed on the brakes and kept going end of story. So it was a hit & run going about 45 - 50 mph. My injuries was minor with a bruised lower back and that was about it.

My bike after the accident. The total repair added up too 11k so obviously this was totaled.

Dam...that bike is jacked up. Glad to hear your okay, based on the bike you should buy a lottery ticket.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts