Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this rear stand at harbor freight yesterday, ive seen a few guys that have it, and I personally think its the best looking stand ive ever seen...I may spray it black...I wish they made a front stand to match it..for $49..99 with a 20% discount which is like $42 OTD, you cant go wrong!

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad for the price. I seem those in person at the track, and to be honest they did seem a little flimsy but they seem to do the job.
flimsy? in what aspect? they seem VERY strong to me...I like the extra reinforcement the square tubing gives as opposed to the circular tubes

·
Registered
579 Posts
shoulda got the tube one they sell

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'm sure this stand will work great for the price if you have swingarm spools, but DO NOT under ANY circumstances use it on your 600rr with the paddle adapters. The stand will move back and forth as you work on the bike, the bike will slide on the paddle adapters, the paddle adapters don't open wide enough and they can chip your rims.....

Again, for the price they recieve nothing but praise from those who use them with swingarm spools, but say no to the paddle adapters, please.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not bad for the price. I seem those in person at the track, and to be honest they did seem a little flimsy but they seem to do the job.
I'm sure this stand will work great for the price if you have swingarm spools, but DO NOT under ANY circumstances use it on your 600rr with the paddle adapters. The stand will move back and forth as you work on the bike, the bike will slide on the paddle adapters, the paddle adapters don't open wide enough and they can chip your rims.....

Again, for the price they recieve nothing but praise from those who use them with swingarm spools, but say no to the paddle adapters, please.
$40 vs. $150

they do the same exact thing, and do an equally good job at it...
Yup, equally good at getting the job done...

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, equally good at getting the job done...
okay, im sure if you put front adapters on a rear pitbull stna dit will suck just as bad, amirite??

it being flimsy is that guys opinion? and I really have NO CLUE what hes talking about..read what other people have said, not just the bad..

have some logic man...come on..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Name brand whore
/whoring

lol
Sure thing guy... Go buy a Hyosung if you're not a "name brand whore."

okay, im sure if you put front adapters on a rear pitbull stna dit will suck just as bad, amirite??

it being flimsy is that guys opinion? and I really have NO CLUE what hes talking about..read what other people have said, not just the bad..

have some logic man...come on..
Who made the mention of front adapters on a rear Pit Bull? I think you've got it confused with the non-spooled adapter.

um...? problem??
"We stock the complete line of Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands. You will notice we do not offer any other stands in our catalog. In our experience Pit Bull offers the best performance, durability, value and longevity of any bike stand on the market today. The truth is they are the BEST available. Made in the USA with great pride. You will replace the bike before you replace a Pit Bull Motorcycle Stand! We are proud to be the largest Pit Bull dealer!"

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Pit+Bull+Motorcycle+Stands+Home+Page

Just saying, I wouldn't trust the Harbor Freight, which is probably Chinese quality... Plus Pitbull is the most widely used and trusted brand that I've seen here on these forums and others.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"We stock the complete line of Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands. You will notice we do not offer any other stands in our catalog. In our experience Pit Bull offers the best performance, durability, value and longevity of any bike stand on the market today. The truth is they are the BEST available. Made in the USA with great pride. You will replace the bike before you replace a Pit Bull Motorcycle Stand! We are proud to be the largest Pit Bull dealer!"

$40>$150

im sure these will last JUST as long....I promise you they do just as good of a job for holding up the rear end of your motorcycle..what can pittbull stands do that these cant?? absolutely nothing...stop giving in to hype....you remind me of myself when I was in 5th grade...

·
Registered
451 Posts

$40>$150

im sure these will last JUST as long....I promise you they do just as good of a job for holding up the rear end of your motorcycle..what can pittbull stands do that these cant?? absolutely nothing...stop giving in to hype....you remind me of myself when I was in 5th grade...
Whatever you say man... I would rather not put my trust in something that cheap. Your money, your bike. Just offering my 2 cents.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Sure thing guy... Go buy a Hyosung if you're not a "name brand whore."

Who made the mention of front adapters on a rear Pit Bull? I think you've got it confused with the non-spooled adapter.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Pit+Bull+Motorcycle+Stands+Home+Page

Just saying, I wouldn't trust the Harbor Freight, which is probably Chinese quality... Plus Pitbull is the most widely used and trusted brand that I've seen here on these forums and others.
http://gpiindustries.com/shop/article_14/SALE--FACTORY-BLEMISH---GP-Pro-Series-Race-Stand-Set-with-Head-Lift-Adapter.html?shop_param=cid=11&aid=14&

so for the cost of just the rear stand, i can get both rear, and front headlift, be a lot more stable than then bs that harbofreight offers

i bought before he had the head lift option.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so for the cost of just the rear stand, i can get both rear, and front headlift, be a lot more stable than then bs that harbofreight offers
nice stands, but have you tried the harbor freight stand? its pretty damn stable...just as good as any stand ive ever used..

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
nice stands, but have you tried the harbor freight stand? its pretty damn stable...just as good as any stand ive ever used..

i would never, ever, call any thing from HF "sturdy" good enough, sure, but definitly not sturdy

square tubing is far more prone to failure than round (sharp edges, if they get a crease, its gone, instantly)

and i bet the material is half as thick as the tubing in gpi or pitbull stands

1 - 20 of 57 Posts