Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen anything like this? 900RR has a front brake caliper that keeps getting progressively tighter on the rotor once you squeeze the lever and let go. It is really wierd, you put on the brakes then let off and they keep braking harder and harder as if you were squeezing the brake harder and harder. This is a wierd problem, any ideas what to replace first? Caliper, Master cylinder, something else?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Thats really weird. I've seen this happen twice when someone tried puttin the wrong brake lever on. Slight pressure is put on the brakes, the pads are draggin on the discs harder than usual, they heat up and lock up. Saw a buddy low side when his front locked up at 50 when he threw an o2 R1 brake lever on his o1 R1. It could be that or possibly pads or the discs? My guess is that something isnt right and is causing them to drag, heat up and expand causing the brakes to feel like they arent completly disengaging.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
you need to overhaul your brakes dude, usually gunk that had built-up inside is causing the brakes to lock up, if you hadn't changed the fluid for years now maybe it's time you did.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it was the wrong lever on there. We are going to rebuild everything anyway though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts