Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the lever is positioned all the way in the brakes do not catch when I squeeze in right away. When they do catch from that point on any slight movement will be somewhat aggressive. So my question is, how can I adjust this to make it so that when I first start squeezing the brake it catches sooner so that there is an easier progression.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Have a look at the top of your lever you will see a chrome dial with 0-9 (I think) stamped on top of it, turn that to your desired position. This will adjust the position of the lever when it starts to push against the master cylinder.

Or are you having to pump the lever for it to start to engage and then finding that it pulsates?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got ASV levers, and no it doesn't pulsate nothing wrong with the brakes them selves.
I actually think that this may be normal, its just that I'm coming from a 250 so it just feels different. I wanted to make it how my 250 was, but there might not be anything wrong with it in the first place.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
sounds like you have air in the system. the first squeeze compresses the air, the second one allows the fluid to move and applying the brakes.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
ASV's have a wheel on them, move the wheel and you will adjust where they start to work.

But your right... they will never feel the same as the ones on your 250.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ASV's have a wheel on them, move the wheel and you will adjust where they start to work.

But your right... they will never feel the same as the ones on your 250.
How would moving the wheel affect it? It seems like the wheel can only be in the one position for the stick to go into the hole the proper way.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
The wheel will adjust how far from the clipon the lever is when pressure starts to be applied to the brakes

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same problem. Check your calipers' pistons man.... we've removed them, cleaned up all the crap (dust, sand, little rocks, asphalt, rubber, rotors/metal dust, etc etc), put in new seals and they were back to life in no time. Day and night difference. Luck dude

1 - 8 of 8 Posts