Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, seems like I may be having a problem with my front brake. I got my tires changed yesterday (they also scratched my rims pretty bad..) When I stuck it back together it seems as if the front brakes are scraping more than what seems normal, also feels like I have to pull the lever a bit more to get the normal braking power. I took off the calipers again and everything seems to be fine but im still having the problem, any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is they bent my rotor or something maybe?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Usually that's what it means is that the rotor is warped. One of the only ways to find out is to get a dial indicator that they use for cam lobe lift measurements. Basically, you're gonna want to mount it on something 100% secure and immovable. Then slide the rotor underneath it and spin it. Watch out not to do it between the holes. Then do it on the other side. It should be exactly the same measurements.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
the scraping sound is normal. the pads are rubbing agains the rotors which have the old brake pad material on it. clean the rotors really well. the sound should go away after a while when the pads bed in.

as far as the brake lever feel, try bleeding the brakes for good measure. if nothing changes then you may have a bigger issue.

search for brake bleeding on this forum, there are a few write ups.

as far as cleaning the rotors, get some brake cleaner and a good scrubbing pad. just make sure not to scratch up the rotors.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts