Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im a super noob when it comes to anything mechanical. ( just did my very first oil change ever yesterday). but my front brakes on my 07 are squeeking really bad, what is the cause of this? some one said it could of been from the rain but it hasnt rained in a while!?

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
How old are they? Could be poorly bedded pads as well.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
If your pads are new, it could be that the edges need filed down. If they've been on there for a while, they could need replacing. How many miles on the pads/ bike?

·
Registered
171 Posts
correct me if i am wrong, but you could always go to autozone and get some brake grease that keeps it from squeaking? i think its like 3.99 and apply it to the back of the pad (not the front...rotor facing side)

it helps with the vibrations that could be causing the squeaking.

I know how you feel. My front rotors have been making this rubbing sound ever since i bought the bike last year. I have taken it to the dealership, and they keep telling me its normal :eek: hmm.. maybe i will get that grease lol.

btw,,,just changed my front brakes and cleaned the S out of the caliper and pistons, maybe now it will be better

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I when and bought some 320 grit sand paper and rubber ther face of the pad with it and it helped alot. Took alot of squeek away now it only has a very very quite sqweek at about 1 MPH right b4 I stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts