Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's done it since I bought the bike (assumed the pad just needed to be used) but it hasn't stopped. I don't have a front stand so there's no way for me to get a good look at where it's hitting. I noticed it was really bad today after I drove through a pretty good rain storm. I don't know much about this so any help or suggestions on what to look for and how to fix it is greatly appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay good to know. That's what I figured but since it hadn't stopped I thought I might as well ask and see. Thank you!

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
Is it both sides or dose one rub more than the other. Iv noticed my right rubs more. ( that disc is hotter than left) going to do a tare down and clean in case piston is sticking a little.

Your bike is new so you shouldn't have any problems.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly can't tell if one rubs more than the other. I can't get down there and look as I turn the wheel like I wish I could without a stand.

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
Go for a short ride and when your done feel each rotor if one is hotter than the other that's how I tell but it could be normal as wibbly said it will always drag.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
227 Posts
I thought I had the same problem when I first started riding my bike. I asked the dealer about it since it was under warranty and he said all sport bikes drag ever so slightly so when u grab the brake it's there.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
McLaren P1 does the same thing.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Do you have a jack to just prop up the front end real quick to spin the wheel? When you say dragging, and while you're riding this doesn't seem normal. The pads on all motorcycles make contact with the pads as you spin the wheel, especially with new pads, but they should not be dragging heavily while you're riding or anything like that.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not heavy dragging. Just lightly touching. It is normal for the pads to be touching the rotors.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
Is it both sides or dose one rub more than the other. Iv noticed my right rubs more. ( that disc is hotter than left) going to do a tare down and clean in case piston is sticking a little.

Your bike is new so you shouldn't have any problems.
you might just have to bleed your brakes better depending on the lines you have. i forgot exactly how it work but you always have to bleed the left (clutch side) the caliper further away from the mc first just so they get evenly bled, you might just have more pressure going to one caliper.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
you might just have to bleed your brakes better depending on the lines you have. i forgot exactly how it work but you always have to bleed the left (clutch side) the caliper further away from the mc first just so they get evenly bled, you might just have more pressure going to one caliper.
If there is no air in the system it doesn't matter all. Hydraulic sustems will balance naturally

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
If there is no air in the system it doesn't matter all. Hydraulic sustems will balance naturally
but what is there is!?!? lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts