Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is what happen, I put new brake pads on my 03 with 70000 miles, I have no clue how many miles are on them I have only had the bike for 10000 miles. When the new pads went on I hit front brakes lightly at like 45 mph and I hear a kinda fast clunk clunk clunk... from the front brakes. At first I think maybe its some weird break in thing since the rotors are drilled. Either way it never went away, so I started looking into the brakes. Maybe I put something on wrong or something so I took it all apart and the brake pads have a weird wear to them almost like one spot has chatter on the rotor. I looked at the rotors and it lines up with the one set of holes, I also noticed that the rotor is loose wear the two pieces seem to be mounted together. I checked a friends bike and his is not loose. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or could steer me in the right direction.

K

·
0 Posts
sounds like the rotor has past it's usefulness. the buttons are failing. that's where your clunk clunk noise is. time for new rotors... 70k... they've had a very long run.

·
Registered
936 Posts
might want to check the head bearings...mine was loose after about 50k. Got the shudder and you could look down through the triple and see the front end shaking!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Doofie, how far down do you have to get to mess with the head bearings? I've read through the shop manual on it, but taking the whole front end apart kind of scares me. Where do I stop in that process to check the bearings?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The operation to replace them is fairly simple, don't get scared by the manual - just follow the steps and it's cake (with a hoist anyways it is)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yeah dude, easy peasy on the 600rr, just hoist the front end of the bike up by the frame with something and its a piece of christmas jesus pie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts