Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently replaced the front brake pads (both calipers) with new EBC pads. I can hear a buzzing coming from the front. It sounds like a mosquito flying around near your ear.

The buzzing is stronger as speed is higher, and it only happens when i apply brakes normally. If I stop hard or very lightly, it doesn't happen. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Did you get the EBC HH?

If so, the noise is normal and the tone will lower after the pads have been bedded to the rotors.

The EBC HH's are my favorite pads so I'm used to hearing that noise on 3 of my bikes =)

Just so long as you've still got good bite and no fade, it's a typical noise.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thats normal. When I went from stock to Carbone Lorraine SBK5 pads I heard the same buzzing noise. Sometime after that, I never really know when, it went away.

But just to be sure I double checked that all the bolts were torqued properly, after doing that I just rode it til they "bedded" in and the buzzing went away.

Did you do prep the rotors in any way, or did you just take the old pads out and pop in the new pads?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you get the EBC HH?

If so, the noise is normal and the tone will lower after the pads have been bedded to the rotors.

The EBC HH's are my favorite pads so I'm used to hearing that noise on 3 of my bikes =)

Just so long as you've still got good bite and no fade, it's a typical noise.
Yes I got the HHs. Got the 4 pads for 40 :toothy:

Only ridden them about 100 miles, they have brake hard so no complains here. I'll wait until the sound goes away then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats normal. When I went from stock to Carbone Lorraine SBK5 pads I heard the same buzzing noise. Sometime after that, I never really know when, it went away.

But just to be sure I double checked that all the bolts were torqued properly, after doing that I just rode it til they "bedded" in and the buzzing went away.

Did you do prep the rotors in any way, or did you just take the old pads out and pop in the new pads?
Thanks for the info. I didn't prep them at all. Took out the old ones, cleaned up the calipers a bit, and put the new ones in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts