Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo this is probly my zillionth "i'm a tard and need help" post.

but now i'ts my front brakes. I just bought on a new front end, to replace one damaged in wreck.

I have 2 new (used) rotors, calipers, master cylinder, and put in new Galfer DOT4 fluid. I bled both calipers using the pump pump pump hold method, and only fluid shoots out, no air bubbles.

When i'm riding, i grab the front brakes pretty damn hard, but there isn't enough bite to even pick up the rear wheel. Any idea what would be causing this?

thanks

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
How old are your pads??? Did you clean the rotors? What did you use?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't clean em and i'm not sure about the pads. I was too preoccupied with getting my bike back on the road to think about that stuff. The front brakes DO work, just not as good as they should, like i said the rear end won't even come up when i grab a handful of front brake, which we all know normally isn't a problem.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would check your rotors to make sure there isn't anything on them... They might not be damaged, but the person that took them off might have got brake fluid on them...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i'll do that. What should i use to wipe them down with?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, i just wiped my finger across one of the rotors and there was a greasy film over it. So i obviously need to wipe them down, good call Tripage. What would you recommend i use to clean them?

Can i leave the calipers and rotors on, and just wipe em down?

thanks for your help, your an asset to this board ;)

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would use some brake cleaner, but the thing is your pads have it on them, so you need to take them off. If you have a grinder or sander you need to take some of the pads off so they are fresh. The pads absorb the fluid so get those sanded down soon, or buy some new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts