Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brake bolts are all tight and I can't pinpoint anything that is loose other than the steering stem. The noise is when I hit a bump, it's just a slight clunk/knock. Service in my area is about 1-2 weeks out and I have a ride that I'm going on this weekend, so that won't work.

Can I tighten the steering stem myself? Is that even the problem?

The bike has 3100 miles on it.

K

·
0 Posts
Brake bolts are all tight and I can't pinpoint anything that is loose other than the steering stem. The noise is when I hit a bump, it's just a slight clunk/knock. Service in my area is about 1-2 weeks out and I have a ride that I'm going on this weekend, so that won't work.

Can I tighten the steering stem myself? Is that even the problem?

The bike has 3100 miles on it.
you sure can, but it's not supposed to be tight. the stem sits on bearings and should be loose-ish. it could be that those bearings are failing and require replacement. why they failed so quickly... i can only assume improper installation or abuse.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you sure can, but it's not supposed to be tight. the stem sits on bearings and should be loose-ish. it could be that those bearings are failing and require replacement. why they failed so quickly... i can only assume improper installation or abuse.
Nah, hasn't been abused at all. No wheelies or anything of that nature. Only thing that the front suspension has endured was an extremely rough road with a lot of bumps I was on last weekend.

Other than that, the dealer took off my left caliper a few weeks ago to remove tape that had got caught in there from the road. Perhaps my recent trip (200+ miles) caused something in there to come loose that wasn't properly tightened/torqued in the first place?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts