Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 CBR 600RR with a very annoying rattle from 4k-7k RPM in what sounds like around the windshield area. I had to get my guage cluster replaced at 800 miles and had not noticed the noise before.

What I have tried

Kurvey Girl Screw Kit
PUIG Double Bubble Windscreen
3M Foam behind windshield everywhere
Taken to Dealership

It sounds like its in the front left section of the bike. Please help diagnose this problem. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Also, if it isn't your 3rd eye, which it probably is, then you might want to try checking your air intake, because sometimes the screws don't have locktight and they get a little loose. Grab your front end and pick up on it, if it moves up and down that's your problem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Please tell me you are using just the key in the bike and not a key ring with other things on it....
just checking
haha that happened to me on my old bike. I was like WTF is that buzzing....Oh.. Never mind.. lol

But yeah my third eye vibrating drives me nuts as well. Whats the best way to get it to stop?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
haha that happened to me on my old bike. I was like WTF is that buzzing....Oh.. Never mind.. lol

But yeah my third eye vibrating drives me nuts as well. Whats the best way to get it to stop?
Put 3M foam tape or foam in between it and the windscreen.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Did it happen after you installed the PUIG windscreen or just after the gauge cluster replaced. The reason I ask is because there are multiple threads with "rattling" noise after the installation of an aftermarket windscreen.

I have a 09 CBR 600RR with a very annoying rattle from 4k-7k RPM in what sounds like around the windshield area. I had to get my guage cluster replaced at 800 miles and had not noticed the noise before.

What I have tried

Kurvey Girl Screw Kit
PUIG Double Bubble Windscreen
3M Foam behind windshield everywhere
Taken to Dealership

It sounds like its in the front left section of the bike. Please help diagnose this problem. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After the gauge cluster install and then when I installed the puig it was so bad i put the stock on. I think it is vibrating against the third eye and I might try some solutions this weekend

·
Registered
785 Posts
i have a rattling too but near my keys it seems like (not windscreen area). however, even if i grab the keys i still hear a vibrating. can never figure out where it's coming from lol.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i have a rattling too but near my keys it seems like (not windscreen area). however, even if i grab the keys i still hear a vibrating. can never figure out where it's coming from lol.
If its not the windscreen/third eye ect, check the clutch lever.. :cruising:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts