Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
So I noticed my front end on my 04 600rr is wobbling at low speeds. The bike has been down before. With that being said, what do you think it could be? Tire improperly balanced? Bent front wheel? Bent brake rotor? Bent front fork? I've inspected the forks and didn't notice any leaking or anything. The wheel does not spin freely, sounds like te brake pad is permanently touching the rotor throughout a full tire rotation. Please give me some ideas on how to diagnose. Thank you

·
Registered
973 Posts
The pads SHOULD always drag, you should get about 1.5 - 2 spins if you turn the wheel as hard as you can by hand. Is it there always, or only when you brake? The way you describe it, seems like unbalanced wheel, bent wheel, damaged tire or (unlikely) bad bearing.

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
You can try loosening the forks in the triples, and the front wheel, etc. Then make sure it's all aligned as you tighten everything back to spec.

Sameh's answer is spot on too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pads SHOULD always drag, you should get about 1.5 - 2 spins if you turn the wheel as hard as you can by hand. Is it there always, or only when you brake? The way you describe it, seems like unbalanced wheel, bent wheel, damaged tire or (unlikely) bad bearing.
Thanks for the response. I have check the wheel for some play regarding the bearing. From what I can tell it is fine. I have noticed the wheel weight has fallen off on one side of the wheel. Not sure if that will cause the wobble at such a low speed. We're talking about moving in my parking garage. Would you suggest any way to determine the cause of this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Check wheel for straight and true, check tire for uneven wear patterns.

put front wheel on stand. (lift it so it can spin freely)

or suspend in air somehow.

in bright light, spin wheel, look at wheel from several sides..........if the wheel spins straight and true , you may have a really bad tire.......

This stuff is 101....even though it is a Honda, some level of mechanical acumen is necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts