Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what stock travel is on our bikes, travel after "sag" is acounted for?

I just stopped really hard the other day as i tend to do and i feel like the front fork is riding lower than normal?

could this be possible without blowing oil out the seals?

oh yeah 03 rr

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Just put a zip tie around one of your fork tubes and it will end up at the furthest point of compression when you brake hard.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
To be exact, you have 110mm (@ 4-1/4") of normal travel and 10mm of "emergency" travel. So that gives you a total travel of a little less than 4-3/4".

When's the last time you changed the fork oil? If it has been changed what was the fork oil level set at and how?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
everythings stock (except the suspension settings) 11k miles

98mm of travel(seal to bottom out)......maybe its just time to stiffen her up a little bit i dont ride quite so gental as when i started?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You may be using more travel than you are accustomed to, but you're still not using full suspension travel. You're either very light or still haven't gotten real aggresive with your braking

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dude im pretty sure ive used it all for measurement purposes .......those railroad tracks the other day bottomed it out with pretty loud thud.....under normal riding maybe its not completely bottomed out but its getting close

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If you find the right shop less than $100. I think I paid like $40 but I pulled the forks and took it to them. Call around your local area. Are you local to me? I can give you a number for someone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts