Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this might be true but want to confirm. I had forks rebuilt two days ago by a certified shop. Yesterday I hit the brake and the front started hopping which made me fall just short of room. Can this be cause from improperly sealed and leaking forks?

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Does it do that every time?

Do something real quick.. put a zip tie around your fork (the bottom tube, the shiny part) road test again), do it in a safe place and upright, not mid corner.

Then let me know how low the zip tie goes. Trying to figure out if it bottoms.

Also here is a video on adjusting SAG. Try to set it for your weight.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually too late to try. I had the forks re-built two days prior to yesterday. Never happened before. I hopped it right into a curb not getting the usual stopping distance.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
It's actually too late to try. I had the forks re-built two days prior to yesterday. Never happened before. I hopped it right into a curb not getting the usual stopping distance.
What do you mean its too late to try?

If they did the rebuild right. They should set up the suspension for your weight and riding style. If the settings are way off, it could cause alot of problems for you.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess what I'm really trying to figure out if it might have been a builder error and to choose a different fork mechanic....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, slightly crashed, sorry.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Your obviously in over your head. Do lots more research/reading, watching videos, use the search here on dot net, before you spend more money.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your obviously in over your head. Do lots more research/reading, watching videos, use the search here on dot net, before you spend more money.
Step ahead, already doing it, thanks, that answered my doubt.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and the builder didn't set it up for me.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
I bought my first bike 4 months ago. 2005. I have put over 6k miles on it and loving it! Rode it from Arizona to Sacramento California and back. I have just started with upgrades. Today I slid into a curb in a parking lot due to loose pavement from snow a couple weeks ago. Just and the front forks rebuilt two days ago. I bent the front rim and most likely the forks too. Too funny.I thought it might be a good time to get into touch with the 600rr community to share stories and find events. Bike is in the shop already. I have re-upholstered the back seat red. New Pirelli Angel/Demon tires. Integrated tail light, new red pegs, flush blinkers, smoked windscreen, slider kit on the way along with Driven 520 Kit w/red chain on the way 15/44. This crash today will set back upgrades for a month or so. But I love motors and love to go fast!
Just thought I might post this up in here considering it is relevant to the discussion...

Your forks may have had an issue mate but loose pavement and snow is what caused the skipping...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts