Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just low sided tonight (cold tires) and when I propped the bike back up the front brakes weren't working. I could squeeze the front brake all the way in and no pressure. I took the front wheel off and the front brake seems to be functioning, but the pads are all the way out. I figure I need to bleed the brakes, but why would the front brakes not work initially? Brake fluid in the master cylinder full of bubbles causing weak feedback? Nothing seems to be leaking ...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Could be air in the system. You should bleed them just in case.

Also roll the front wheel if the rotor is bent it will push the pads back into the caliper and give you an initial soft or no pressure till the pads get pushed back to the rotors.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Could be air. Bleed them before you fuddle around more. But anyway, a master cylinder rebuild kit is only $30. If you do rebuild it, note the squence of parts inside the housing. The mechanics manual shows them in the wrong order for reassembly.

Hmm.. you don't want to squeeze the lever when the wheel is off.
You don't want to extend the pistons all the way out. Make sure when you push them back in that you don't damage them and you do not force dirt behind the dust seal - otherwise you'll be rebuilding your calipers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts