Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had rode the bike a couple times without earplugs and noticed a very loud rattle/vibration noise coming from the front of the bike (around the gage cluster area). Only happens when I accelerate and maintaining speeds. I'm thinking it might be the front fairing/windscreen.

Is this normal for 2009's? Before I start taking things apart I want to know if others have this issue.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Nope that is not normal for 09's. Have you changed or tweaked on the front of the bike at all, and is it shaky at all

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dropped it at very slow speed and had the honda place put all new fairings on one side and they put on a new front fairing aswell. But things don't look out of place everything seems tight. This was done about 2 months ago.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
So It wasnt doing this until honda fixed it right, if so I would let them know what is going on or if you are confident on working on your own bike then just go through and re-tighten things

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Does the sound make like a buzzing noise? Like a bee is in your windscreen. If so it's your windscreen vibrating with the upper cowl.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So It wasnt doing this until honda fixed it right, if so I would let them know what is going on or if you are confident on working on your own bike then just go through and re-tighten things
I don't think it did but if so I didn't notice it. I wore earplugs when I first started riding it because the two brothers exhaust is so loud. I bought it used and that was installed on it. I would rather work on it myself just to get my hands dirty lol.

Does the sound make like a buzzing noise? Like a bee is in your windscreen. If so it's your windscreen vibrating with the upper cowl.
Yes, infact it sounds exactly as you describe like a buzzing bee. I've been thinking about it and could be my house key as I have it on my key ring with the ignition key.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
To test this if its just the windscreen with the upper cowl. When riding just hold the tip of your windscreen and put your head down to hear the buzzing and I bet you it will go away until you remove your hand.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I had rode the bike a couple times without earplugs and noticed a very loud rattle/vibration noise coming from the front of the bike (around the gage cluster area). Only happens when I accelerate and maintaining speeds. I'm thinking it might be the front fairing/windscreen.

Is this normal for 2009's? Before I start taking things apart I want to know if others have this issue.
On some bikes it's normal. It's a easy fix all you need to do is stuff something behind the front fairing right above the air vent. On my 07 it did that when I bought it brand new from the Honda dealership. There are tons of thread on this. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts