Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get wheels powder coated on a 2007 Honda CBR600RR soon. Or was hoping to... then I started researching DIY's for the past two days and I can't find a firm answer...

Once the bearings are removed (the bike is all OEM right now), can I re-use the same bearings to put back into the bike SAFELY ? (Safe as in... 9.9+/10 times people do not die or crash or cause worse damage from this)

I have seen one thread say that you must re-use because it warps or is damaged upon removal. I have seen another thread say that you can re-use as long as it's removed properly.

Well lets assume I do it properly by _____________ (insert the safest way to do this, even if its a tool I have to rent I'm ok with that). Is there a way to look at the bearing upon removal to see if I can reuse it or not ?

Please don't tell me bearings and kits are cheap either... I'm located in Canada and the cheapest I've found shipped to me so far is about $80-100 per wheel... my powdercoat is only going to cost me $200... (yes that's a lot to most of you still, I'm in Canada, so no, as much as I would love to I can't ship mine to TriPage, its $300.00 minimum to ship there one way for two wheels...)

THANKS IN ADVANCE ! =D

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Bump for an answer

·
Registered
849 Posts
One bearing will most likely get damaged.

If you can manage expansions by supercooling it, maybe you can get it to drop right out without damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts