Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2004 600rr and i got the ignition switch replaced last week and for some reason my front right turn signal stays solid? all other turn signals stay off untill i turn the blinker on but for some reason this one stays on at all times.

The turn signal still works, just stays solid when not in use.

I unfortunately did not realize until the day after i got it back from the dealer.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
oem or aftermarket? if oem, both of the front turn signals should stay on.

does it blink as normal when you use the signal? more info is needed.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have an 2004 600rr and i got the ignition switch replaced last week and for some reason my front right turn signal stays solid? all other turn signals stay off untill i turn the blinker on but for some reason this one stays on at all times.

The turn signal still works, just stays solid when not in use.

I unfortunately did not realize until the day after i got it back from the dealer.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
those are running lights

·
Registered
134 Posts
i would bring it back to the dealer and say fix this. if not then i would play with the wires that connect with your directional. i assume you have aftermarket ones and usually they have two wires instead of three and maybe somehow they got mixed around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oem or aftermarket? if oem, both of the front turn signals should stay on.

does it blink as normal when you use the signal? more info is needed.

They are aftermarket flush mounted signals. as far as i recall i dont believe they stayed solid while the bike is turned on.

And yes it still blinks normally when i use the signal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had the same problem with an aftermarket "oem replacement" turn signal on an 06. my left turn signal stayed solid (including the indicator on the dash) would still blink but fast, the three wires going to the connector were in the wrong places. i used a power probe to figure out what was coming out of the bike harness. and used it to apply power and ground to the light assembly to figure out what operated it. i cant remeber if they were two hot and one ground or vise versa. more than likely it was two grounds. once you figure out wether its one power or ground, keep that one there and then switch the other two wires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had the same problem with an aftermarket "oem replacement" turn signal on an 06. my left turn signal stayed solid (including the indicator on the dash) would still blink but fast, the three wires going to the connector were in the wrong places. i used a power probe to figure out what was coming out of the bike harness. and used it to apply power and ground to the light assembly to figure out what operated it. i cant remeber if they were two hot and one ground or vise versa. more than likely it was two grounds. once you figure out wether its one power or ground, keep that one there and then switch the other two wires.
Thanks! greatly appreciated! I will try this afternoon and post how it works out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts