Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there my front shock is leaking fluid i noticed it the other day while cleaning, i need to know what i should do buy a new one or can i get this one fixed? whats cheaper? just need some opinions here thanks

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I hope you are referring to the front FORKS. There is no shock up front. If one of your fork legs is leaking you need to replace the fork seals, both of them is better. They're cheap but the labor will set you back if you can't do it yourself. You also need to make sure to check the legs for whatever is causing your fork seal to leak (pitted fork leg, etc)...or learn to bring the wheelie down softer, lol...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah thats what done it for sure, i have let a few of them down kinda hard, not meaning too. i guess ill have to learn form mistakes like this so, umm what does it involve to replace them? i mean i am mechanically inclined. i do believe i could do i tmyself providing no special tools or anything. Ohh yea its a 05 600RR​

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh ok thats good, now do i need to put more fluid in it somehow or?? i am clueless if you cant tell. i would take it to the local shop but dont have the $$ so therefore i gotta do it myself. thanks for all the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts