Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed it last year, and again this year when I road my bike around my shop.it seems on bumps (like a speed bump, sewer cap on road, driving on grass, coming out of a shop with a 1" drop g4om concrete to gravel) that my front suspension makes a clicking sound.

I took it to the dealer last year at my 1000 km service and mentioned it..they had no idea what it could be, and couldn't reproduce it. I hear it everyday, should I be worried? Is this happening to anyone else? Just normal? Should I go to a different dealer?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
You site it isn't your steering head bearings? If you hold your front brake and "push" the bike forward/back do you have any play in the steering head?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not touching the brakes when this happens, so I'm wondering if this could be it. Mine is louder though, like helmet on and bike driving and it's very noticeable.

I'll try what the guy in the video said tonight as see what happens! I'll also try to get a video of the click sound mine is making

·
Registered
966 Posts
Fork seals done recently? I had the problem when I re-assembled something wrong on my F4i. Not sure what I did either, I took them back apart, assembled correctly, and all was good with the world.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No they haven't been, I bought the bike last August, it only has 2600 kms on it

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I recommend narrow it down to the sound. If you're certain that it's your shocks, look at some "shock oil change" video to identify any possible loose components. Seems weird that it has never been taking apart and the sound comes from the shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts