Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front Tire Wear? :Updated with Pics:

Hey guys i got a quick question regarding my front tire. I bought the bike with an almost new rear tire and front tire with about 85% thread left. Btw the tires on the bike are michelin pilot powers. I put about 4,000 miles on it since getting the bike but my question is why is my front tire thread almost worn all the way through and my rear tire looks like its still new?? Im running 32 front and rear. Is my front suspension effecting my front tire wear? i know that we should expect a certain amount of mileage from tires but why does my front tire look so worn while my rear looks still new? Any input would help. thx guys. :shakehand

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Post pics if you can, please, suspension settings and info- front and rear, your weight, height, riding type (street/track/mix). This will make it a lot easier for us to help you out.:banger::banger:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
it could possibly be ur suspension settings. those Michelin PP front tires should last well over 5k easily.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
tire pressure sounds way to low cold air pressure is around 44psi for mich power pilot tires
thats definitely incorrect. 44psi is wayyyyy too high for those tires. you're prolly talking about max pressure.

I run use to run 32/32 on Pilot powers just fine. that setting actually worked both street and track pretty well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Copy that bro. I will try and take some pics tomorrow of the front and rear tires. As far as suspension goes...I know nothing about it. lol. i just rode it the same way as when I first got it. I'll take a pic of the steering stem so u can the adjustments on the front suspension? Im 5,8 and weigh 155. And I mainly ride the streets and commute almost everywhere on my bike. Every once in a while I hit the canyons. Hope this help so far and pics will be posted tomm. :]

·
Registered
75 Posts
in the cold and the rain here in washington the more air the better the grip without feeling like the front is going to tuck under mid corner

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
tire pressure sounds way to low cold air pressure is around 44psi for mich power pilot tires
i dont know of any tire for our bikes that supposed to run that high.
that would be well over 50psi hot.. no way thats correct.

OP post pics.. we'll go from there

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
FRONT TIRE

REAR TIRE

FRONT SUSPENSION SETTINGS

HERE ARE THE PICS GUYS...ANY IDEA WHAT'S CAUSING THE FRONT TIRE TO WEAR OUT MUCH MORE RAPIDLY THAN THE REAR?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry must be the poor quality of my cam phone. I know its hard to see but the lines on the front tire that are not "bold" per say are worn all the way down. And the surface of it is pretty much flat....I dont know if that makes sense to you. While the rear tire's thread are still deep all around.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
the rear pics are better, u need some like those of the front, looks fine, and cant really tell sh1t from the pics about the suspension setting either.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Give us a reference, maybe stick a penny in the tire and give use a couple close ups so we can accurately compare the front and rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts