Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cbr600rr. my front wheel does not rotate freely, i think the calipers are the culprit, but i dont know how to fix it. im having a hard time parking the bike because i has a bit of a drag,and cant be pushed easily. and i can hear draging sound from the front calipers i think, is the caliper stuck? how can i fix this...

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
its normal to hear a bit of noise when up on the front stand and you rotate the wheel. Id suggest maybe a good cleaning (take calipers off) kinda cleaning if you havent done it in a while; i just did this and am glad i did. i also took my pads out to inspect and cleaned them at the same time. Use brake cleaner of course, and an old toothbrush. Also be sure there on right (look at directional arrow on tires) it would be an easy mistake to put them on wrong.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
Definitely clean the caliper/pistons. Also follow the proper procedure for tightening/torquing the axle nut and pinch bolts. Bounce the front to let things align as well. I'm sure there's DIY guide here.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Is it sticking in just one spot or is it difficult the whole way around?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
d lim,

Greetings, my wife's family name is Lim.

Old 108 names?

Btw brakes should drag slightly.

1+ turn w/a gentle spin is about right.
i think mine would not even make a .25% of a turn. even parking it gives me a hard time because of the drag.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Give cleaning the callipers a go, if it isn't that you may need to look at the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
how often do u guys change bearings? i never did on my 95 gsxr750w at 30k

1 - 16 of 16 Posts