Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a transplanted front end that I thought was an 05 but the wheel bearing size does not match what all balls thinks it is.
The measurements I took with them still in the wheel are 41.7x19.7mm. Is this from some other year 600rr? I am sure its a 600rr front end but now questioning the year. I know its supposed to be 22x47mm so not sure whats up. It is an upside down fork so don't think it could be an 04.
Any ideas on what I have or even how to find out?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Clean up the bearings real good, then get a magnifying glass. You should be able to read a number on either the metal rim or the rubber bearing seal. Usually 6004 or 6005. This will give you the size. Just Google bearings and the number.

The number may be followed by some letters. These just stand for various things unrelated to size. I think RS is rubber sealed etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok will check that out, but I just ordered the 07-12 bearings since the 05 ones didn't fit. I usually don't drive out the old til I have new but will give that a shot. Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You should be able to read this with the bearings still in the wheels. You may have to remove the plastic grease seal (not the rubber seal that actually holds the bearings in, the larger one you can easily pry out and pop back in. Not sure what it's called).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok gonna try to see tomorrow. I didn't want to remove the bad bearings til the new ones came but if I can see it I'll look.
I have 2 VTR1000s both with CBR front ends. One has a VFR single sided swingarm grafted on, the other is my year round street ride here in NYC. This is why I wasn't sure of year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts