Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all

I'm racking my brain on this one. Took the front wheel to replace some things after a lowside (clip ons); I reinstalled everything, got the wheel spacers on right and everything (I think) and went for a ride. Felt weird. Came back, put it back on stands and spun the front tire. Didn't spin freely. Felt like it was dragging on the pads (have Vesrah RJLs). So, I took the calipers off to see if the axle was aligned and spun the wheel again. It spun true. So, I think it's a caliper thing. Thoughts? Pads are virtually brand new. Only about 1.5 hours of track time before I hit the dirt. First time riding since it went down.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ive always noticed my pads dragging on my rotor, but it got WAY more pronounced recently after I had my front tire replaced. Some drag is normal, but if its prohibitive to your front tire rotation, I would squeeze the pads/pistons back into the cylinders a little, then bleed and get the brake pads to grab the rotor again and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Did you maybe bend your caliper mounts in your low side enough to cause the drag? Or your forks got bent?
That's all I can think of.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think so. Like I said, without the calipers on there, the wheel spins perfect with no hesitation. In fact, it spins as if there's no friction whatsoever. It keeps going and going. Last night, I cleaned up the calipers and thought maybe I had shoved some gunk into the cylinder when I pushed back the pad installing them. Spun freely last night with the calipers on, so I hope that's the cause, but I haven't pumped the brakes yet. I think it's calling for a brake bleed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts