Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having recently replaced my '06 R6 with an '07 CBR the front wheel on the Honda does not spin anywhere near as freely as on the R6. As I only use my bike for track days this is a concern.

The front wheel and brakes are all installed perfectly so I am thinking it may be the anti-rattle plates in the calipers that are stopping the pads from moving away from the discs as much as on the R6 so the question is...

Has anyone out there removed these plates/springs from their 600RR and if so did it reduce the front wheel drag and were there any side affects (sqeeling brakes?)

Thanks!

NB: Image of caliper attached shows the plate concerned.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats pretty much how Honda's are. The type of pad you have can make a difference as well. EBC pads are said to do this more. If your bike is a track bike, stick with Vesrah. You can pull the clips out. Mine are out. It makes it easier to inspect the brake pads. You may hear a rattle when your ride around in the pits or at low speeds with the clips removed. Clean your pistons and calipers when you change your brake pads to help keep things moving freely and easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts