Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When spinning the front wheel I can hear some friction. Hard to describe. I thought the pads might be binding but it doesn't seem that's the case. Doing the good ole "put the ear up to it and see where it's coming from" test, seems like the source is the axle itself. Is there a way to grease it or something?

*edit to add video*

·
Registered
41 Posts
To test if it is the brakes. Take them off an spin it again. To lube your axle, just take it out, put a nice thin coat of grease and then reinstall.

·
Registered
860 Posts
you may well hear the pads touching on the discs but does the wheel spin freely or do you have to force it round?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It spins freely, but not as free as a bicycle tire or anything like that. The sound is noticeable when coming to a stop with the clutch pulled in (no engine noise). Also very noticeable when going low speed through a parking deck. I don't recall this with my previous bike (250r).

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I get the same noise from my front brakes. Cleaning the pads and caliper pistons helped a bit.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,827 Posts
Your pads naturally drag on the rotors all the time. There is no release mechanism to pull them away.

What you have described is perfectly normal behavior.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your pads naturally drag on the rotors all the time. There is no release mechanism to pull them away.

What you have described is perfectly normal behavior.
Were you able to see the video? I'm only concerned because I never heard this on my 250r.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK. Thanks guys. Like I said, my 250r wasn't this way, and I just got this bike so I'm still learning all its quirks and whatnot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts