Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm brand new to this board (although I've been lurking for many months) and really didn't have anything to say until today when I dropped my '03 RR for the first time. I laid it down after hitting some gravel and it went sailing into a ditch. I didn't see the bike impact because my face was being driven into the ground by the force of gravity, so I don't know exactly what hit. My ego was bruised more than anything, and most of the damage is of the expensive plastic variety, but there is one serious issue. When I got on the bike to ride it home, I noticed that the front tire is no longer lined up with the top of the tree. The tree is pointing 5 or 8 degrees to the right when the bike is going dead straight.

Here's what it's not:
1) The wheels. They are still straight. No shimmy, vibration, or anything bad like that,
2) Clip-ons. When I look at the top of the tree (ignoring the clip-ons) THAT's when I notice the problem. The TREE is crooked from the wheel.

OK, so I'm hoping some of you guys/gals can give me an idea as to what it is that I bent so I can start turning some wrenches and get this thing back on the road.

My thanks in advance!

-jeff

·
Registered
269 Posts
Are the top and bottom trees aligned with each other?
If you are sure the wheels are straight then I would suspect the axle and/or forks. Look to see if the upper fork tube is straight. Are the lower tubes twisted to one side? Take it off and see how the axle looks. If the front wheel is THAT far off, then you should be able to visually tell what is out of whack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts