Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: 2003 600RR Black - $4.2k - Knoxville, TN

Feeling out interest in my 03 RR since i dont get to ride like i use to. I've been mostly doing long rides so i'm looking for something more comfortable until i can afford 2 bikes.

Bike has right at 18,500 miles. 6k of which were done over the summer on my trip out west.

i've had the bike since 2,400 miles and has been maintained by me, my dad, and a yamaha mechanic (friend of the family)

Just checked the valves when i got back from my trip in august. all are in spec.
Oil changed every 2500-3000 miles.
Fork oil changed about 7k miles ago (right before my trip)
Brakes done at the same time - pads and fluid
Brand New Pilot Powers (still have nipples on em)
new air filter - put on before trip
Everything was went over before the trip

During my trip the bike ran like a top, never had a single hickup.

now for the mods:
Regeared to -1/+2 with black Vortex sprockets
520 DID X-ring chain (about 8000 miles)
SS Brake Lines
EE H-pads
Speed-O Healer - put on right after the regearing
Scorpion TI Slip-on
Yoyo-Dyne Frame Sliders
Swingarm Sliders
Heli-Bar Risers - makes the bike a lot more comfy and provides better leverage

The Bad:
Been down once at the Gap at about 45 MPH
Frame Sliders saved everything execpt the tail section. It is ground down a little bit. there is a little bit of a grind on the clutch lever as well.
other than that theres no damage. i've had it down to the frame and theres no scratches anywhere and no visible damage. This happened at about 4-5k miles and its ran perfect since then. ONLY COSMETIC DAMAGE

The yamaha mechanic overtightened a screw and cracked the right upper last time he worked on it so there is a little piece missing where the screw was, but i'd say it could be fixed pretty cheaply as its only about the size of a 1/2 dollar.

Also the clock hasn't been able to be set since i installed the speedo healer. it still keeps the time, but i can't set it accurately. its about 3hrs slow right now so i just add the time to get the actual time. The rest of the display works correctly.

Asking $4200. I'm also looking at VFR's, Fz-1, and a few others (dual sports) if someone has a trade.

if you're interested; pm me, email at btillman at utk dot edu or call 865 6Zero7 55Ten

here are some pics from another forum i'm on

Most recent pics are in this thread
http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17792

Early Spring
http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15244

Damage to the bike, about 1/2 down page
http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3411&page=2

if anyone wants any specific pics, just let me know i'll snap em. I'll also try to get a picture of the crack soon.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
couple of pics so you dont have to look through threads.

Out West.

Ran amazing even at 10k+ feet

2 weeks ago at Bald River Falls - you can see the damage to the tail

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
back up... asking $4800 obo.

rode it last saturday and it did beautifully.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
everything is exactly the same. has 18,900 miles i believe. might be right at 19k i'm not 100%.

has been sitting in my parent's basement on a battery tender except for the few hours on saturday when i went out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
almost 500 views and no offers?

anyone want to provide some insight? price too high? too far away? anything?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you were a bit closer I would offer a trade on a 85 corvette customed out but I would have to ask for some $ back but I think your too far away. Good luck with the sale:beer:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'd be willing to meet you in Chattanooga or maybe Atlanta for a little extra, would be a good weekend vacation spot for the girlfriend and I.

But i'm not interested in the trade. i'm looking to buy a more comfy sport-tourer with the money since i dont have enough to track this bike yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'd be willing to meet you in Chattanooga or maybe Atlanta for a little extra, would be a good weekend vacation spot for the girlfriend and I.

But i'm not interested in the trade. i'm looking to buy a more comfy sport-tourer with the money since i dont have enough to track this bike yet.
Understandable, I am really trying to get this vette sold so I can get a bike.:bounce:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cbr

Will you take 4000 cash i just wrecked mine and i have the insurance money...i can pick up this weekend in chattanooga...i am in ATL

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
really need to get $4500 from it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
$4200 found my next bike, lets get this one sold.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts