Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: 2008 CBR600RR Track Bike - $4000

EDIT: New price. Firmly asking for a reasonable $4000.

I really hate to do this but I need to take care of some other things financially so the track bike has got to go. It sucks even more because I *LITERALLY* just got it all buttoned up and ready to go --- as in I just finished mounting the bodywork and within five minutes went on to take photos for this posting. Ugh. :banghead:

Anyway, it's a 2008. No title. I've no idea what kind of mileage it has as it didn't come with a speedo. I bought it off a forum member here last summer and have been working on it with my mechanic over the winter. I've also no idea where the yellow spray paint came from (it was delivered to me like that) but it doesn't interfere with the mechanical functions of the bike. The engine starts like a champ and runs strong. Wheels and rotors are true and straight. We dyno'd it near 106rwhp. I'll see if I can get the dyno sheets and I'll post them soon. Tuning is stock. In fact the bike is mostly stock. Things that are modified and/or new:

- Stainless steel brake lines
- NEW VESRA brake pads
- NEW Vortex 42t rear sprocket
- NEW RK Racing 520 chain
- NEW Circuit 1 stator and clutch cover
- NEW brake fluid
- NEW engine oil
- Coolant flushed
- Safety wired
- Dunlop Sportmax GP 190/55ZR17 rear take-offs
- Dunlop Sportmax GP 120/70ZR17 front take-offs
- Armour Bodies body work
- Woodcraft frame sliders and swingarm spools
- Dzus fasteners

I also have a spare set of rearsets minus the pegs and a spare set of swingarm spools. I will also include the Vortex rear stand in the sale.

I am going out today to grab some bolts to replace the cheap-ass plastic windshield bolts that Honda uses. Other than that --- it's truly ready to go. Just take it out to the track, bed the pads in, and you're all set. It's a sad day for me, but I need to be responsible about things.

Photos below. You can click on any of them to view the flickr set where you can see them at a higher resolution. Bike is in Seattle, WA.

VIN: JH2PC40088M104888

I've sunk about $6000 into it. Firmly asking for a reasonable $4000. Bike needs to go!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Wish we lived closer together. I'm window-shopping for a trackbike right now. Still gonna be a month or two til I can commit.
GLWS.
I think you need the VIN posted, unless I missed it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know you mentioned that you don't know about the yellow spray paint which is too bad lol... I'm going to be wondering about that for a long time. Bump and good luck on the sell.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. Seriously, no takers? What do you guys think is a good price for this bike? Am I just pricing it wrong?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Wow. Seriously, no takers? What do you guys think is a good price for this bike? Am I just pricing it wrong?
price is about right...just have patience...pretty sure ppl are waiting on tax refunds and then they will go crazy for whats on sale!!!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i just sent the link to some of my friends (they aren't currently CBR riders but do a lot of track days) cause i think one of them is looking for a track bike...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Damn!!! why u have2be in Washington state?!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Holy hell dude..I'm surprised this is still around.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts