Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is a 99.999% perfect condition Honda CBR600RR. The reason I am selling is because I could not register the bike at California DMV. It absolutely kills me, but I have to let the bike go. This would make a great track bike, OR, if you have an address outside of California, then you can register it either at that state and/or register it in California as brought-over. If you are, or have been in the military, then you should be able to register the bike as well.

As is, the bike is $7900. That's with the all the modifications you see in the photo.

Stock, the bike is $7200. As I can put all the OEM parts on.

Modification List:
- Puig Windscreen (wind tunnel tested)
- HID low beam
- Extended bar ends
- Proton flush mount front signals (with running lights)
- Shogun no-cut frame sliders (crash tested)
- Black-colored mid-fairings (OEM is silver)
- Carbon Fiber tank pad
- Targa fender eliminator (rear turn signals, and brake light with running lights and integrated license plate light)

(626) 202 -8313

·
Registered
456 Posts
Dude, just but a speedometer that has over 7k miles to register it here in SoCal. My brother did this with his out of state bike. it only had 4k and put a speedometer from another bike with like 8k and everything was a ok :five:

·
Registered
117 Posts
i agree. great idea! lol. i am planning to buy an 49 state bike, (from texas) once i get out of the army in the summer, then ride it back to cali, and register it there...GLWS

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dude, just but a speedometer that has over 7k miles to register it here in SoCal. My brother did this with his out of state bike. it only had 4k and put a speedometer from another bike with like 8k and everything was a ok :five:
I apologize for threadjacking, but how/why does this work?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did that work for him after receiving a letter in the mail telling him that his bike is in the system and cannot be registered in CA at a later date regardless of its mileage?

I didn't know about the 7500 mile rule when I went to the DMV. Had I known, I would've rode the crap out of it and then registered it. Right now, I am attempting to get it registered in TX and transfer it back to my name later on. It's a long shot but...
:dontknow:

I just love how CA DMV tells people that they cannot registered their bikes unless the bikes smog-legal, then adds that there's no smog testing centers for bikes...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've actually seen your bike on craigslist as I was trying to purchase my 07 CBR. This is my 2nd 07 CBR, my first one was a 49 state bike that I couldn't register as well. Long story short, I was able to get rid of the 49 state bike. I didn't have the time to mess around with it and get a new speedometer and stuff. I'd highly recommend doing that though...if you've got the time then just buy a speedometer with >7500 miles and you will be able to register it in CA with no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts