Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here is the problem that i've noticed so far, I went and put gas in my bike and filled it almost to the top like always but when I got back on my bike I notice that my gas gauge wasn't all the way to the top, so I though that I didn't fill it all the way up. Then I got home and shut it off and went to move it again later in the day and the gauge said that it was empty so i turned the bike off and right back on. Now it says I have a full tank so okay maybe it's in my head.. but today on the way home I noticed that my gauge said that it had a half of a tank but now i'm watching the gauge and it keeps moving from half to empty on bar at a time slowly so I get home and look in my tank and it's 3/4 of the way full..so do I need a new gauge or sending unit or not even worry about it??:headscrat:headscrat

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
I had to have my fuel pump mechanism removed. I'm not sure if the guage is connected to it or anything though...

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have this problem too. When I fill my tank the guage doesn't read full. The readout is completely inaccurate. And to think, I bought a honda motorcycle because I assumed it would be reliable like their cars...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did you get that diagram from??

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so do i need to check the float or the gauge cluster???

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
If anything... I'm sure the float is the thing that is having a problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts