Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BOTM May 2007 , Big Apple PimP
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two RR's and I know for a fact its the cluster, not the sensors or the bike itself because I switched the clusters back and forth. I know this is going to be a hard question but does anyone know which circuit, dial it is? or does someone have a diagram for the circuits in the cluster so I can repair it? Everything else in the cluster works perfectly! the fuel gauge just stays on full on my stunt RR after a low side so I know something in there burnt. Any info would help! thanks!

·
Registered
615 Posts
mine does the samething! hopefully someone knows how to fix this!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
someone else just posted something about their speedo being stuck on 12 mph... wierd. anway, there is a write up that is now a sticky on do it yourself custom gauge lighting that gets into talking about the internals of the cluster and describes the circuits. other than that you would need a shop manual to tell ya the circuits, which unfortunately i do not have yet... sorry. hope that write up helps somewhat though

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The first thing you'd check is to see if any capacitors blew on the board (look for a convex cap or smell for ozone.) Aside from that, unless there is a way to 'reset' the board, you'll need to use a multimeter to check for failed components - I've never seen the board naked so sorry I can't help more.

·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
excellent help guys, ive done the "sniff test" but havent gone deep into testing each and every diode yet. ill keep an update on the process.

·
Registered
615 Posts
no hopes of a stuck float?

·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jon600RR said:
no hopes of a stuck float?
in your case maybe, at first I thought the same thing, but I did alot of swapping between the two bikes and mine was fine. your best bet is to find a RR buddy that doesnt mind swapping clusters with you just for testing purposes.

·
Registered
615 Posts
ill do that, my buddy has one ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have the RR shop manual with wiring diagrams online if ya need it, pm me

·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RedFireRR said:
I have the RR shop manual with wiring diagrams online if ya need it, pm me
Red... I have the manual too and all mine states are the wiring diagrams on the bike itself, not the diagram for inside the cluster. does your have that diagram? if so, that would be great! let us know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts