Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.

let me start by apologizing. there are a lot of questions and answers on this subject so i should just take those to heart but im convinced of what i saw.

According to the manual and comments here, the gauge has black squares which disappear as you consume gas. the last of these start to flicker, thus alternating between a red and black square when you have roughly 1 gallon (3.5 liters) of gas left.

and then it runs out.

however i'm CONVINCED i once saw the black square be replaced by a flickering RED SQUARE ONLY.

im sure of it. but i find no reference to this anywhere so was it my imagination?

·
Registered
254 Posts
...was it my imagination?
Yep! There is a red square that's painted in the location of the lowest bar on the fuel guage. It does not flash. It's just paint/ink/whatever. The only color you're going to get out of the LCD is black. So when the last bar starts flashing it'll alternate between black (when the LCD bar is lit) and red (when the LCD bar is not lit, since the default color of that square is red). I think maybe you're confusing this for a red flashing light?

Edit: there is no physical way you can get just a red flickering square on that LCD.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ok yes it confirms my worst fears. thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts