Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took apart my airbox to change out the air filter and put in the short velocity stacks and noticed that there was a build up of fuel on the left side of the airbox. Is this normal to have some fuel(silver dollar sized pool) in or around the airbox or is my injector deciding to spray sideways?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
sure sounds like leak....airbox s/b dry....

keep posting details....

park the bike outside!

and: get a fire extinguisher handy. (rated ABC!).....

drain/clean airbox, remove airfilter ......
and turn key to start fuel pump prime... be ready to turn off at any moment.

look for leaks in upper injectors from the fuel rail...

DO NOT start bike.

Maybe Wibbly, NICO OveRRev or another Mage will answer.....i'm just a punter...

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,812 Posts
are you 100% it's fuel?

with the bike sitting on the kickstand it's natural for things to collect on the left side. usually this is oil though, it comes into the airbox naturally from the crank case breather, and will end up on the left side when the bike sits on the side stand.

for fuel to be there and not evaporate is a bit suspicious. the only way i could see fuel ending up there would be a leaking shower injector.

with the airbox lid off, just turn on the key and let the pump prime, if you see fuel coming from one of the shower injectors then there's your issue. i don't see any other way for fuel to pool in the airbox.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So been working on my bike, doing the short velocity stacks, air filter and air box mod. I will prime the bike today when I get home and see if it has a fuel leak. But now that I read this I think it was a mix of oil and fluid. So hope it is just that but will keep you guys posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts