Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using VP Racing fuel MR9 in my 2003 Honda CBR600RR. My question, is there a easy way to clean the injectors? and all the other crap that the fuel leaves when sitting. I went onto the RedlineOil site and they have a 4oz bottle of fuel injector cleaner, anyone else use this stuff or something similar? Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
just get a bottle of pure tolouene & dump it in your tank, fill it up with gas & ride, that should dissolve the residue of old gas & clean the injectors.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
it depends on how long the bike is unused, if the gas starts to smell bad from overly long storage chances are good that it'll clog the fuel filter, lines or injectors.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Walmart sells fuel injector cleaner that costs like 70 cents and from what I understand is almost indentical in formula. The stuff is basically kerosine anyway.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
ive read some crap that you should never dump a whole bottle of any of that stuff.
since these bottles are for car tanls which are usually anywhere form 15 - 21 gallons, dumping all that in your little 4.8 gallon tank may actually do more harm than good.

if you feel you must, dont dump a whole bottle, do about a 1/4 of the bottle.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Interesting, never thought of that, might want to do that when I get home, my bike has been sitting for 6 months.

·
19,904 Posts
theyre all just kerosene anyway...

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
theyre all just kerosene anyway...
kerosene's just going to make it worse, it's not a very combustible liquid (not volatile) like gasoline so you're most likely foul up the plugs, tolouene however is different, it dissolves most of the varnish built up in the fuel system, it is an ingredient in most carburator & fuel injection cleaners so why buy the more expensive ones in a small can when you can buy a gallon of tolouene for less.

·
19,904 Posts
im not saying pour kerosene in it, im just saying those products as far as i know the main component is Kerosene.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts