Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. So heres the problem. Sometimes when I start my bike the FI light will come on. It stays on longer than the oil light like 5-8 seconds. It seems to be only when the bike gets low on fuel. Then I refill and it will still do it the first couple of times I start it. NO it is not flashing nor is the MIL light flashing?/coming on. I went to the stealership and one guy at the service desk said "no that is never a good thing, bring it in one day after work I'll have someone look at it really quick". And the guy that sold me the bike actually went and looked at the bike and said "well if it only does it when you start it and its not flashing I wouldn't worry" Both of the guys work at the same dealership so its confusing, the different answers. Anyway I kinda have been changing octanes to see if it makes a difference(I now don't think it does). I would run one octane a coulpe times and switch, it would still do the it between the same octanes. Here is my question does anyone else have this problem? What the hell is it? Did I get some bad gas? And if so How can that be when I fill up all over the place?

The bike is brand new '06 has about 1700 miles on it. It didn't start doing this till about the first 600 mile oil change.

Oh btw, I haven't actually taken it to the dealer. I get out of work too late to get there before the service department closes. And this past weekend I was in the MSF class so no go there either. I'm going to take it tommorrow cus now I can ride to work. But I wanted to see if anybody can help or if this a known issue.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Got an '06 with 2100 miles on it and mine does the same thing. Didn't start til about the same time too.

Bike works fine, so, I'm not worrying about it - if it does act up, it's under warranty for another 2 3/4 years...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any other takers? Anybody else have any clue what this is?

·
Registered
226 Posts
sounds like a recall in the making.........i kinda had something like that happen, mines an 04, oil light came on and didnt go away, took it to the dealer, 3 months later they figured out it was the computer, got all new sensors and wires out of it.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
my 04 did it for the first time in march at a trackday, but only a few times and hasnt done it since. If I were you, I just wouldnt take off until its off-mine would stay on a second or two longer only. After a few months see if it still does it. If its a warranty thing, you're still covered in that time frame.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I'm a little confused on your description. First, NEVER LISTEN TO A SALESMAN! Second, we only have two warning light indicators on the gauge. One is the Rev limiter (Yellow) and the other is the MIL (Red) which is used for multiple warnings including but not limited to; oil, temp, & EFI. It's normal for the MIL light to come on during startup because the oil sensor doesn't see flow for a few seconds. Is this what you're seeing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts