Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have experience with this type of problem? I wrecked my bike (lowsided) at a track day recently and my fuel gauge has been behaving poorly ever since. starts out solid and then scrolls up and down from the center..continuously

any ideas?

thanks,
Doug

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
did you try to reset it such as disconnect the battery and see what happens

·
Registered
615 Posts
that sucks, atleast u have a fuel light...mine just sits there reading full all the time :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I did not disconnect the battery, but I did have the front fairing off and the connector that goes to the display was unplugged since I had to repair the front fairing/cowl...Once plugged in it resumed the scrolling/flashing/blinking...

I'll try to find a solution in the owner's manual. But, everything else works normally...speedo, tach, temp guage....

·
Registered
67 Posts
The owner's manual says have it checked out by a dealer...

My gauge flashed some weird pattern randomly. I brought it in and the dealer had no idea what was going on. Long story short, they had to replace something and it got covered under warranty. Fuel gauge has been working well ever since.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
jeffyLP said:
The owner's manual says have it checked out by a dealer...

My gauge flashed some weird pattern randomly. I brought it in and the dealer had no idea what was going on. Long story short, they had to replace something and it got covered under warranty. Fuel gauge has been working well ever since.

Fuel Gauge Failure Indication (Owner's Manual Pg.25)
When the fuel system has an error, the fuel gauge indicators will be displayed as shown in the illustration. If this occurs, see your Honda dealer as soon as possible.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello,

I have an 08 600rr with about 5k on my bike. I recently change the battery and after changing the battery. The fuel light start to scroll up and down. The bike runs and ride perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts