Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I open gas cap to get gas. It flys open with tons of pressure behind it. I tried to locate the pressure escape tube but can't. I did find the over flow tube. Any help would be great. The pressure inside my tank is not escaping. Could be due to a crimped tube. Or no tube at all

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
176 Posts
I thought that the gas cap itself acts as a pressure valve, but I could be mistaken :retard:

T

·
0 Posts
There should be 2 tubes coming off the bottom of your tank, ones the overflow, the other the breather. you need to remove the fairings and lift the tank to access them. That should help narrow down the problem.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Get it taken care of ASAP, because this can be a huge problem. My tank had the opposite problem. The tank had a vacuum after the fuel was pulled out by the pump and it eventually cracked and leaked. A brand new tank is over 500 plus install.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
search, as there are multiple threads on this.

also dangerous, and can damage bike.

do not run it until you have done a troubleshoot + correct.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found only a one way tube. I blew air into it. It seemed to help a oil. Not as much pressure coming from it but it still builds up enough to where it noticeable

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
get deeper into it... there IS a problem with your tank vents...

s/b one for suction (from the fuel pump) and one for positive pressure off the tank....

(ex. 3 tubes off the bottom of my 09's tank)
1. fuel feed off the pump.
2. overfill/+psi.vent.
3. and tank vent for pump out.

note #2+3 do have one way valves and #2 is possibly blocked.

vital that all 3 are not pinched!.

thats all I got.

GL

·
Registered
532 Posts
have the same issue. i checked all the hoses and made sure that the hose that goes to the kick stand isn't kinked. did anyone find the resolution to this problem?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Guys, I am not sure if my problem is the same as above but everytime i open the gas cap to get gas, I feel like the tank is releasing a little bit of air out. Its not high pressure. Its a quick release of little bit of air. What do you guys think? Is that normal? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
if its hot outside like 85-90+. and a very minimal minimal amount of pressure.
Guys, I am not sure if my problem is the same as above but everytime i open the gas cap to get gas, I feel like the tank is releasing a little bit of air out. Its not high pressure. Its a quick release of little bit of air. What do you guys think? Is that normal? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks. I'll make a video and post it. Hopefully that will clear things out.
Also its not hot outside right now. its only 15C.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I dont think the video got embedded right. Here's a link if you cant open it:

some more information for you guys:
The gas cap opens and closes easily. The pressure hasn't increased over the last month. Gas doesn't get splashed out out anything. Its just air pressure.

As i research more about it, i am starting to get worried. Some say its ok, others say it could be a constricted hose underneath the tank.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
sounds a lot more than mine. i usually have to push mine down slightly to get the latch to release

1 - 18 of 18 Posts