Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 600RR and my problem is that the fuel pump is not turning on like its suppose to. I took the bike apart so i could get it painted and I connected all the wire harness together like almost a simple plug ups.
I checked to see if it was the fuel pump but its not(by pass it and had bought a new fuel pump. Nor its the fuel relay. Or the BAS sensor. Bought an 05 ECU but dont know if that'll work. The KillSwitch is turn on the ON position and its in neutral. I test the brown w/ black wire that is connected to the connector from fuel pump and its not getting power. Would I have to find that specific wire to see where it leads to?? IM stump need some help!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but they aren't connected right now. I had taken them off to get some things powercoated. I know there's nothing major wrong with the bike. I rode the bike before I had taken it apart. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

D

·
0 Posts
What was everything you disconnected/removed? That will help narrow down some possibilities.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wireharness was taken out so must be in the wireharness somewhere. but i bypass the fuel pump and tried cranking it still no response.

D

·
0 Posts
The red plug is the DLC. Don't worry, it shouldn't be plugged into anything.

Why did you remove the wire harness to get things painted?

Are there any codes flashing with the FI light on the dash? if so, what's the sequence of short/long flashes? Since the entire wire harness was removed, you could have a **** load of possible issues. Best to start with the most obvious.

Lift up the fuel tank and disconnect the harness. Hook up a volt meter and check for battery voltage when you turn the ignition to the on position. You should see a spike in voltage for 2-4 seconds before it drops to little to no voltage. If there is voltage present, the fuel pump is bad. If there is no voltage, time for some deeper troubleshooting.

Is the ECM plugged in fully, and the connectors in the correct location?
Is your BAS plugged in and mounted correctly?
Is your engine stop circuit ok? Switch plugged in with no damage and the relay is good?
Is your fuel pump relay working? Can you hear it click when turning the ignition on?
Is the sub fuse for the FI system good?

It will take a while to look through all of that, but the problem will be somewhere within it all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hooked the voltage meter to everything from the fuel pump to the the fuel pump relay to the kill switch. Theres two pluggs to the killswitch and I hook the voltage meter to the kill switch. It only read only one plugg but does the other plugg suppose to have power, if so wat is the color code and wat is the voltage meter and is that the right kill switch wires??

also theres no power to the brown wire

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
could it be the spark pluggs that makes the fuel pump not prime? but that would mean i have to drop the motor to get to the spark plugg?

D

·
0 Posts
No, the spark plugs wont prevent the fuel pump from priming, and you don't have to drop the motor to get to them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
05-06 ECM is different than the 03-04 ECMs, I'm having this exact same problem, bought new harness and ECM and still my bike aint priming the pump, the ECM controls the pump on/off, if you ground that brown/black wire at the pump relay the pump should come on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem a while back, i simply connected everything as I was putting the bike back together, turn signals and all and the fuel pump turned on when i started the bike up, I guess it thought that something was messed up with the wiring because everything wasnt hooked up so it didnt allow it to turn on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so i finally took out my spark plugs and they looked fouled and had a bit of oil in it. no spark could that means that it wont prime the fuel pump?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts