Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 cbr600rr track bike, it has ran fine for a while now. Yesterday i installed the geartronic zero shift indicator. While going through calibration the bike shut off. I disconnected the geartronic and the fuel pump wouldn't prime. I ended up disconnecting the battery and afterwards the fuel pump worked fine. I left it disconnected and today while doing the 520 chain conversion the fuel pump stopped priming again. Do you think I may be needing a new fuel pump?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess nobody has had this problem.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I highly doubt you need a new fuel pump. There is a way to check whether a signal is being sent to your fuel pump to prime but you need to take off the fairings. I am not sure how big of an issue that is for you but if it is hopefully someone can give you quicker and simpler suggestions but you perform mine.

The procedure is outlined in the manual but if I recall correctly, you check whether voltage is being sent through the two wires that connect to the bottom of the fuel pump. You flip the starting switch on and for 2-3seconds you should be reading a certain voltage on your voltmeter. If there is no reading than the problem is occurring before the fuel pump. If the voltage is consistent and present than the problem is occurring after the wires. If so, then you can check whether the fuel pump wires within the gas tank are not letting current through. If they are letting current go through in various positions than you can check the fuel pump by connecting it to a 12v battery for a split second and make sure its in some liquid so you do not damage it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'll check the fuel pump today and kill switch. I was leaning towards kill switch also since the fuel pump started priming again. This bike is wired up keyless

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked the kill switch, took apart and cleaned it still wouldn't prime. Pulled the tank off and drained all the fuel, that last bit of fuel was a little milky and also found a screw that came off the stock fuel cap "previous owner must have dropped it in there when putting on the vortex cap". Put the tank back on checked all the wiring made sure all the connections were tight and now it primes every time. The downside to this is I don't know exactly what I did to correct the issue if it comes back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a pic of the 6 as it sits now

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and I jumped the tip over sensor to eliminate that as a possible cause:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts