Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill start off by telling a little bit about my bike its a stock 2006 cbr600rr i took all the fairings off to have it painted and after i took all the fairings off i rode it home by zip tying the head lights on the bike kept dying though so i finally got it home and let it sit for about a week i went out and started it and it ran fine another week later i started it again and it ran great then to the bike has 6800 miles on it and now just the other day i went out to start it right before i went to put the fairings on to make sure it still ran and it didnt start so i went ahead and put the fairings on the thing about it is that i didnt remove the bas when i took the fairings off and now in my guage cluster i used to get the FI light next to the oil light and all that but now it wont turn on i checked all the connections and moved the bas to see if that was the problem but it didnt help i also checked the fuses and they were fine! im about out of ideas i hope someone can help thanks alot in advance for your help i really appreciate it!

Andrew

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pain In Da Arss

well right now i'm having a similar problem... the bike will turn over but it will not start (due to the fuel pump not working).

the symptoms:
fuel pump not coming on
headlights not coming on
back light for cluster not coming on
power commander not powering up

what i have done:
checked all the fuses (all are good)
checked all the relays (all are good)
replaced the fuel pump (doesn't seem to be the problem)
checked all the wire connections again and again (all seem to be connected well)
Bypassed BAS sensor (no problems there)
i've even got desperate and removed my PCIII (just because it wasn't powering up either)

so far from reading the shop manual i think i've traced my problem back to the ECM.. Is this a common problem??
or is it something else that i don't know about??
Please any advice will help at this point...

and i know it's not the kill switch, it seems to be cutting the ignition like it should (ie, won't let the bike turn over in the off position)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check the fuses behind the battery?

·
Registered
182 Posts
so just for ya'll i checked all my fuses again.. including the 30a under the seat... again all of them are in good condition, i even swaped them out with new fuses with no avail....
I'm open for any more suggestions!

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
I have a similar problem but i have no answer for you yet either

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
switched out the fuel pump and nothing. I know the pump works just fine

K

·
0 Posts
i do belive there is one there. if i had access to my bike, i'd verify it.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
dont think there is. Have an 05 and an 03 right next to each other and nothing to do with a fuse.Even tried changing the fuel pump no help lots of spilled gas though :)

I have hot wired the pump and then tried to start...would crank but would not start...NO SPARK??? I HATE FI

·
Registered
182 Posts
dont think there is. Have an 05 and an 03 right next to each other and nothing to do with a fuse.Even tried changing the fuel pump no help lots of spilled gas though :)

I have hot wired the pump and then tried to start...would crank but would not start...NO SPARK??? I HATE FI

are you sure there is no spark.. did you place the spark plug against the block and verify it had no spark???

i know i'm getting spark because the bike fired up when it had fuel in the cylinders, but only fired up briefly untill the fuel lines ran dry...

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
i tell you what this is a pain i will check that tonight

·
Registered
182 Posts
i tell you what this is a pain i will check that tonight

i would try some simpler things first... if you have access to another 600rr, try swaping the relays, then the ECU (little computer ontop of the airbox), the BAS in betweent the headlights, and even the instrument cluster.
so try that before you have to pull your plugs. and let me know if any of that fixes anything...

i've done all but the ECU and the cluster. so as soon as i can get "TheRealRyanRay" over to my place with his bike i'm hoping that one of these will solve my problem, unless it's my harness. So someone correct me if i'm wrong, but thats the generalization of my possible problems...

i agree HUGE PAIN!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I know you said you CHECKED the relays. But here me out.
Go and spend the $3.21 on new relay. swap it out with the one on the left hand side of the bike, in the front (so if you are standing on the clutch side of bike it will be the left relay)

This Relay powers several parts of your fuel delivery system. ON my race bike last year, the bike would die and sutter on the track but nothing I could find (even with the mulitmeter) came up bad. Finally I broke down, and just as I was about to buy the relay, I bought a crashed bike to turn around and sell as a TD bike. So I started checking parts...

I now carry 3 relays in my trailer.

plus it is only 3 bucks and will take 30 seconds to try.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
i have another bike that will work (right next to the one that wont) with the switched relays. I think i may have pinched a wire when i replaced the stator cover( i thought that the bike worked after i did this but i think it might have been the day before that mod that it worked???)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts