Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heya guys,

The Bad News: My bike refuses to start after being garage stored throughout the majority of the winter. Throughout its storage time, it was nearly stolen 3 times. The cables near the ignition were fucked with quite a lot all 3 times. So I ended up moving the bike into my apartment's living room.

The Good News: I searched the forum from head to toe, in order to diagnose most possible symptoms and have assembled a good series of possible causes via similar threads I found.

Symptoms:
1) There is no fuel pump whining noise whenever you flick the kill switch.
2) The fan stopped working shortly before the bike was put in storage. (Most likely in need of a new relay?)
3) The battery is just about drained from my attempts to troubleshoot.

Troubleshooting done:
I was able to clean up the ignition wires and patch them all back together properly right before I stored it away. It started just fine! :) However, months later (through the winter) it was a no-go.

Additional Details:
Bike: 2004 CBR 600RR
The cluster and all other aspects work (Headlights, horn, break light, hazards, etc)
Whenever I press my ear up against the left side of the bike I hear a "CLICK" sound when the kill switch is turned on. Does that mean the relay is doing its job? Or am I making **** up? ^^

Ask away! And I'll include pictures and everything. :thumbup:
*English is not my primary language, so excuse any grammatical errors!

- Alex

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Don't know what year bike you have, but here's the inspection procedures for the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and cooling fan relay

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Just saw you have an 04, give me a few minutes and I'll get you the inspection procedures for that year

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sweet!

Just saw you have an 04, give me a few minutes and I'll get you the inspection procedures for that year
You're the man Bridge Jumper!! :thumbup:

Quick question however, is this a common issue? If the bike remains still for a few months at a time, how are the relays and fuel pump affected? I also syphoned the fuel out (95% of it) before storing it away, if it's of any value to you guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am currently in the process of removing my gas tank whole (after emtpying fuel!) and attempting to diagnose the fuel pump. I will keep you guys posted as best I can. Thank you again Bridge Jumper!

Keep in mind I am an amature technician. I work best with computers! ;) so I really appreciate the pictures that tag along. Such lack of video tutorials out there.

Hopefully I dont need new fuel pump eh.. :(((

1 - 6 of 6 Posts